20060802

Take that, bitches!

Finally, a new fucking update. I've had nothing to report the past few days since I've been working and getting my shit together for Florida.

Leaving in 2 weeks baby for an all expense paid trip to the sunny skies, the white beaches and the blue waters.

Worship me.

Anyways, today was the second court date dealing with all the landlord bullshit from my last place. Today I was proudly sitting on the "Applicant" side, otherwise known as the "You bitches are going down" side.

My old landlord and his skeezy lawyer with his mocking grin both walked in as though they were at a fucking cake walk and were the only ones in the circle. I played the whole "doe eyed bambi hunters just shot my mom" look as though I was naive enough to actually think I might have a sympathy vote.

We all waited around for about 2 hours waiting for a mediation room when we just got tired of sitting in that goddamn tribunal room so I approached the lawyer and asked if he wanted to talk things out privately and save ourselves some time. He agreed and I wanted to smack that fucking smirk off his face with my new heels but I just smiled and led him to the lion's den.

Once we got in there he said, "So how much are you willing to settle for then?" (remember: the last time I was in there I lost and owed them 600 plus the 200 dollar application fee) Thinking this was going to be an easy fight I looked him right in the eye and said,

"I'm willing to settle for you paying half of the settlement"

The look on his face was fucking priceless! He was like, "What the hell do you mean you're willing to let my client pay for half of it??"

I said, "I agree that I gave your client my two months notice 2 weeks late and I agree to pay for those two weeks. I however do not agree that I should pay the rest of the rent amount owing since I already paid my last months rent upon signing the lease and I wasn't in any way hindering them from showing the apartment or renting it out. I was out when I said I was going to be out and I think that me only paying half is completely jusitifed."

By now the lawyers thinking Im fucking crazy or something and he goes, "I dont think that's very reasonable at all"

I said, "I don't think its reasonable that your client screwed with me from day one by renting me an apartment that was unavilable and willingly took my first and last months rent for that place. I dont think its reasonable that your client attempted to illegally increase my rent by 200$ a month, I dont think its reasonable that I had to spend my few days off looking for a place to live,pay for a moving company and lose $400 because I moved out on a nite that I should have been working. I do however think its reasonable that I pay for the 2 weeks late notice and only half of the application fee since you are the ones that dragged me here."

End: "doe eyed Bambi" look
Cue: "you're screwed mother fuckers" look

Lawyer-man then tells me that he still thinks its unreasonable and he wants us to go to trial.

I said, "Fine - I can wait as long as it takes for us to actually have my case heard, its my day off I've got all the time in the world"

That unsettled look crossed his face once more and he looked pissed! It was fucking fantastic! He went bright red with anger and I swear to God I think he wanted to bitch slap me.

Before he could even say another word my old landlord agreed to let me only pay for the 2 weeks which was 300$ and half of the application fee. He told his lawyer that he wasn't waiting any longer to just sign the damn agreement and get out of there.

Victory is mine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|

posted by <$BlogItemAuthorNickname$> at <$BlogItemDateTime$> <$BlogItemControl$>